We aim to nurture socially adept, confident, independent learners ready for Kindergarten and beyond.
We do this by:
- Knowing our community and its needs.
- Maintaining positive communication with local Kindergarten teachers.
- Observing preschool and Kindergarten classrooms in action.
- Continuing our own education in our field.
- Consistently fostering a safe, nurturing environment for exploration, growth, and learning for our students.
- Expecting each student to progress while respecting each student's developmental pace.
- Meeting each student's progress with appropriate new challenges and stimuli.
Our Philosophy of Learning
We believe children learn best through play and hands-on experience. We put this philosophy into practice by:
- Asking open-ended questions to invite and encourage exploration, imagination, and creativity.
- Providing both group and individual learning opportunities.
- Providing opportunities for children to learn to be positive, contributing members of a group.
- Providing skills and tools to allow them to resolve their own conflicts.
- Promoting emotional development by modeling acceptable expressive language and behavior.
- Promoting their own self-help skills by encouraging them to do things for themselves when developmentally appropriate.
To enhance a child's self-esteem, she/he is offered choices. We want children to have time to explore, question, and learn how to think for themselves.